Sunday, January 14, 2018

CASology Challenge - Hug


Hi there ~
I'm back with a quick post to share a card I created for this week's challenge at CASology ~ I have several 'Hugs' dies, but this one from PTI is my fave...


We are experiencing overcast skies today, so I apologize for the dark photo. 
I started by stamping 'Sending' with Versafine Onyx black ink, and before I stacked the letters, I left the flower petals and leaves in one layer and colored them with Copics. I poked out the top layer for a clean look and added the B&W striped border. 

I hope everyone is having a fun and crafty weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your sweet comments! I appreciate you so much!!!






Supplies:
Stamps and Dies: PTI - Big Hugs
Patterned Paper: MFT - Black and White Basics Paper Pack
Ink: Versamark Onyx Black
Copic Markers: RV25, YG07

18 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Great CAS card! Love all the elements you used.

Betty said...

perfect card for this challenge and I can see why that PTI die is your favorite - the little flowers are so pretty with the b & w stripe - overcast and below freezing here - good day to stay inside and create!!

Susan said...

I have coveted that hugs die ever since it first came out! LOL! You've made a beautiful card with it!!

Anita in France said...

Love it, Barb ... I think this has to be the loveliest card I've seen with this hugs die ... the crisp white on white, the touches of black as contrast, and those oh so perfect tiny pops of colour inside the letters ... it's simply gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful CAS design Barb!

Anna Uhras said...

Ohhh!! Barb, this is so much much beautiful!! Love!! So light and elegant! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

Bobby said...

I love that hug die, Barb, and the colored flowers go great with the black and white stripes. So CAS with lots of interest.

Joyce said...

This is so elegant, Barb. I think that is my favorite of all the dies in that set as well. Love how you colored in the little bits within the letters and added the bit of stripes at the bottom. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful CAS design Barb!!

Marge said...

CAS perfection, Barb! Love your design here. Marge ♡♡

Dawn T said...

gorgeous die cut Barb. Love this card

Jacquie Southas said...

The pop of color and repeat of the black & white stripe create a wonderful design, Barb! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

I Card Everyone said...

see how wonderful you are? You always know just when I need a hug, and how to make them so beautiful! LOve the alphas, and the stripe PP is too wonderful!
xo

Tracey McNeely said...

An absolutely adorable hugs card Barb! Thank you so much for commenting today, it means so much to me so have always been a faithful follower!

cm said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful hugs with us; the wee flowers add such a lovely touch! Hugs back to YOU!
~c

Cat Craig said...

the black accents add a lovely contrast to your white on white letters.

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful!! I love the black and white with the touch of color in the letters. FABULOUS design.

Karren said...

So beautiful! The black and white works so well with the soft color behind the letters. Just gorgeous!