Saturday, August 5, 2017

Addicted to CAS Challenge #117




Hi there blog friends,
It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS and this time I am playing Hostess! I thought long and hard about a code word and finally decided on 'One Layer Card' ~ challenging, right?


We also have an incredibly talented and super sweet Guest Designer ~ Pam Sparks!
And, don't forget that we always have a great prize for our winner and this time it's a $10.00 voucher from STAMPlorations

OK...on to my one layer card:


These blooms are called 'Fancy Flowers' and they're from MFT's December Card Kit. There are so many beautiful flowers in this set, and I think this one works well on a single layer and colored with Prismacolor Pencils. I didn't use Gamsol to blend the colors because I like the sketchy look with shades of gray. I also used Stone Gray cardstock for my card base, and this gorgeous Avery Elle Sentiment was a birthday gift from my dear friend, Loll! Thank you again, Loll...I love it!

If you would like to play along, stop over at the Addicted to CAS Challenge Blog ~


Thanks so much for stopping by,








15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Stunning colouring Barb, great idea to keep it monochromatic as well as one layer, adds a whole nother level of Wow!

Betty said...

beautiful card - just my kind of design - love it!

Susan said...

Just amazing....what you created without any color is just stunning!

Karren said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Barb! Your pencil coloring is amazing.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card, and very elegant :-)

Anita in France said...

Stylish and chic, Barb ... the monochrome colouring is beautiful ... so sophisticated! Hugs, Anita :)

Dawn T said...

very pretty Barb. Love the silver embossing

Cindy C. said...

Wow gorgeous one layer card Barb! You made it look so easy!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning and so very eye catching x

Cat Craig said...

I do love a monochromatic card Barb, and this is lovely. Great prompt too.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! The way you did those flowers is breathtaking!!

Tracey McNeely said...

A stunning one layer card Barb!

Ellenor said...

Wow! This is a stunning card! SO beautiful! I love it so much :)

Doni High said...

Hi Barb! Love the elegance of this beautiful one layer masterpiece!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hello Barb,

Congrats on being Hostess!

I think your subtle florals which you colored with pencil crayons (I think) really is effective. What a lovely card. Hope you have lots of creative time for the end of summer.