Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tags, Scraplings, and a Recycled Item!

Hi everyone ~
This month at Virginia’s View it’s a Tag and Scrapling Challenge with a little twist ~ we should use a ‘recycled’ item! So, here is my tag: 





Please excuse the dark photo. We've had a lot of rain and overcast skies, so I had to use my light box. 

So, to create my tag, I used leftover cardstock from my stash, die cuts that I had set aside from previous projects, and for my recycled item, I used twine that was wrapped around supplies I ordered from an online store. I used distress inks to create a sky for the window, and stenciled the stars with white pigment ink. I had a lot of fun making this tag, and I plan to use it to attach to a gift.

So, that’s it for me ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb





Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Window Dressing, Flower Arrangement
Ink: Hero Arts - Grape Juice, Green Hills; Papertrey Ink - Lavender Moon; Versafine - Onyx Black; Tim Holtz - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean; Memories - White
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Lavender Moon
Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Window Dressing, Flower Arrangement; Lil’ Inkers - Anytime Tags;

Simon Says Stamp - Falling Stars
Gems: Doodlebug - Lilac Mini Pearls
Twine: From my throw away bowl
Misc: Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter Pen

23 comments:

Betty said...

that is so cute - love the little window and stars

ThePurplePlace said...

super creative!! I still need to figure out the "scraplings"....that's still ALL new to me! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb I love your tag using up your scraps and pre-cut die cuts. I should follow your lead.

Barb said...

I love your tag, Barb! The window with the vase and flower are so sweet! Fab colors too!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So sweet! Also wanted to come here to say big congrats on your HA win! So well deserved! Hugs!

Hannelie said...

Barb, how cute is this! The little polka dot vase stole my ♥
Hugs
xxx

Rosemary said...

what a sweet little tag, barb!

Deepti said...

What a sweet tab!! great way to utilize all the scraps :) I also like the colors you picked !

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a sweet tag!

Virginia L. said...

This is such a BEAUTIFULLY-designed tag, Barb! It's hard to believe that you packed so much in a small tag so neatly and fabulously! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

jintyoo7 said...

Adorable, Barb - love the little window scene :)

Cindy C. said...

So sweet, love that sky behind the window Barb!!

Dawn T said...

Adorable tag Barb.

Darnell said...

Barb, your little window tag is just divine!! It looks so perky and cute standing there all decked out! Love, love, love!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a cute tag, Barb ... the view of the night sky from the window is a delight and the flower vase is so pretty! Anita :)

Joyce said...

This is such a cute tag. You have packed a whole lot into such a small space, and yet it does not look crowded at all--rather quite inviting.

Kailash said...

Love the sweet scene you created Barb and all the other pretty details, lovely design!!!!

Sue said...

Such a beautiful tag, Barb, very sweet!

Judy Tuck said...

Adorable tag Barb! I love the cute flower!

Kay Miller said...

Oh how darling!!! This is so cute!! I can't believe it's all from recycled stuff! How fun! I just love that little window!! I also want to thank you so much for the sweet comments you leave on my blog. They mean the world to me :) And never apologize for being late, I get so behind on my commenting these days, with trying to keep up with the design team commenting. I completely understand :) And sometimes you just need a break too! ((Hugs))

Lucille K said...

This is such a sweet little tag Barb, love it :)

Martha said...

Barb, this is SO sweet! I love it!

Small T said...

Hi Barb, Love the tag! I always reuse twine from packaging as well! :-)

Thank you so much for entering the giveaway on my blog!

xo Tone