Monday, June 30, 2014

Tag You're It

Hello everyone!
I’m back with a quick post...There’s a new card challenge in Blog Land called, ‘Tag You’re It’, which has been coordinated by Jackie Rockwell! And let me tell you, Jackie has chosen an AMAZING Design Team with the most inspiring tags!

This week is a ‘Warm Up’ mini-challenge, and the Guest Designer is Karin Akesdotter, who provided the inspiration for us with this tag:



I was inspired by Karin’s water coloring and how she created her really cute beach scene. So, I die cut my PTI tag with water color paper, stamped the umbrella’s and sand, and used distress inks and water to color everything. I also created a gift box, with stamped sea shells in Soft Pool ink, and added ribbon and a bow. Here is my tag:



I can’t seem to put down my new Mama Elephant stamps, so I created a 2nd tag just for fun:


For this tag, I used Lil’ Inkers stitched tag die, then stamped, die cut and colored the little girl, and popped her up on vellum clouds.

That’s it for me today...I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
 
Barb

Smile:
Stamps: Pink Ink - Beach Umbrellas; Papertrey Ink - Tiny Tags (sentiment)
Ink: Ranger Archival - Jet Black; Tim Holtz - Distress Inks
Cardstock: Tim Holtz - Water Color Cardstock
Die: Papertrey Ink - Tag Sale #9
Twine: The Twinery

Mama Elephant Tag:
Stamps: Mama Elephant - In My Heart
Ink: Mama Elephant - Sunshine; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White
Dies: Mama Elephant - In My Heart, Landscape Trio
Markers: Copics 
Twine: The Twinery
Gems: Delish - Stars

21 comments:

Dawn T said...

Cute as tags Barb. They are great.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh Barb, both tags are AWESOME!!! I think you have a real knack for creating tags. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag Your'e It!

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness, these tags are fantastic, Barb! I adore your row of umbrellas - beautifully colored! And that sweet, little girl on the vellum cloud is so cute!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful tags, Barb! I love your little beach scene, and that Mama Elephant tag is adorable! Now I know I should have gotten those sun rays! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It! Hope to see you again!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness barb this tag is perfect and now Ii want to make one just like it! Love it. Both tags are fabulous my friend! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You`re It!

Jean said...

Both of these are just fabulous. I really love that umbrella stamp - just perfect for the challenge!!

Chark said...

cuuttee! love them both--where did you find those star gems? love them--perfect touch.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! I LOOOVE your tags! The ME so super sweet, and that beach scene is definately one of my top picks!!! Hugs! p.s Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You`re It!

Kay Miller said...

Awww there's that precious little ME girl again! I love her so! I have a card to post with her on it soon! Your tags are wonderful Barb!! I love the little beach umbrellas! After seeing your two tags, it makes me want to stick that little girl in a beach scene! That's an idea now! ((Hugs))

Cat Craig said...

That umbrella tag is so darned cute. Wow, I love that. I am also enjoying your staging of your cards, such beautiful pictures Barb!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! your tags are so darn cute!! I am totally drooling over your delish beads star embellishments!!!!!!

Deepti said...

Oh my ! Wow, these are just wow :) I see a winner, I am totally speechless by these designs :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both fabulous! I love your take on Karin's tag! Thanks for playing along with TYIC!

Marion said...

Both tags are awesome. Love the beach scene. Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun at the first Tag You're It challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Both fabulous, but, Barb!!!! I love that Beach Umbrella tag SOOOOO much!!! Please move next door?
=] Michele

Marybeth said...

I LOVE your beach umbrellas ! What an adorable tag! Both are just darling! I was looking at ME this morning and the dies are sold out. Can't wait to buy them

lostinpaper said...

Your tag is the cutest! Love the sunray background!

Loll said...

Two adorable tags!! Each one is so fun! Loll xx

Judy Tuck said...

Barb, your tags are just adorable!

Laura Norris said...

Both tags are just so cute! Love the row of umbrellas, and that little girl??? SOOO Sweet!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh my gosh, SUPER sweetness!!!!!!!!