Saturday, June 14, 2014

Scraplings!

Hi everyone,
A quick post tonight...I created two cards for different challenges. The first one is for Virginia’s View Challenge, and we have been asked to create a tag or scrapling (the leftover cardstock from an A2 card base which was cut down to become a square card). Here is my 'Scrapling':



Previously, I die cut this Poppy die in a few different colors, so I dug them out of my ‘save for later basket’, and inlaid the pieces into my scrapling. I also used a pink ‘thanks’ die cut from a project that went south a few weeks ago. Virginia also asked us to recycle a household item, but I’m afraid I don’t have anything to fulfill that criteria.

                    -----------------------------------------------------


My second card is for this week’s challenge at Muse. Therese Calvird created a really cute card with die cut words in a repeat pattern, so I thought it would be a fun idea for my hubby’s Father’s Day card.



I also inlaid the die cut sentiments on this card, and kept the design very simple...a few veneer stars and a sentiment from Hero Arts, and I was all set. My hubby is a simple guy, so it’s perfect for him.

I just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow, I will be making a very big announcement here, and also have a small surprise for everyone. So, please stop by for the festivities!

I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Barb




Thanks:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, True Black, Soft Stone; MFT - Cotton Candy
Dies: Memory Box - Darling Poppies; Paper Smooches - Quote Tag (sentiment); Lawn Fawn - Stitched Scalloped Borders
Gems: Pretty Pink Posh - Pink Peonies

Happy Father’s Day:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Kraft, Dark Chocolate
Die: Memory Box - Happy Script
Misc: Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Stars

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb I love them both, your scrapling is adorable, I just love that poppy die. An excellent Muse card too, I love that script happy!

lostinpaper said...

Those silhouette flowers are fab and the kraft inlay die cut is perfect for this masculine design Barb!

Hannelie said...

Hmmm, 2 awesome creations today Barb! That poppy... well it POPS!
And your muse card , just perfectly masculine!

Erika said...

I love the black against the Kraft because it's so striking. Very nice job on a masculine card!

Betty said...

two great cards, Barb - the poppies are so pretty in those colors and the father's day card is perfect in it's simplicity!

Rosemary said...

love, love, love that scrapling, barb!! so beautiful! wonderful father's day card, too!

Ardyth said...

Love how you've casified the Muse and made it masculine! So glad you joined us this week, Barb!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your scrapling!! Totally gorgeous! The recycle criteria includes paper scraps, so yours counts! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View challenge! Your father's Day card is awesome!

Virginia L. said...

Forgot to add that I can't wait to hear your announcement!! Yay!

Kailash said...

I absolutely love your gorgeous scrapling, so elegant, the colors are fabulous and striking. Love the CAS design for your Father's Day card, very nicely done Bab!!!

Julie B said...

Love the poppy die on your scrapling and the pared down Muse card. :)

Deepti said...

This is so very gorgeous, the look and most of all the colors :) Ur pick on colors is so perfect that I always wish I could make such choices :)

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous cards!!!

Loll said...

LOVE the inlaid flowers ... especially black and pink - so beautiful together. Great Father's day card for your hubby too! Loll xx

Anita in France said...

These are both brilliant, Barb ... such a cool, masculine take on Therese's muse ... and that gorgeous scrapling ... wow, the inlaid poppies are stunning! Anita :)

Unknown said...

AWESOME die cutting!! Love how they both turned out!