Sunday, June 8, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone ~
I have a card to share for this week’s challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch, which was illustrated by Chrissy Larson. Here is my card: 





I wanted to keep my design CAS, so I started with soft stone cardstock for my card base, and SSS cloud speech bubbles in soft pink and inlaid into the front panel. I die cut the 'Be’ four times in dove gray, and stacked them to add a little dimension, then stamped the sentiments to complement the die. Lastly, I added a few sequins and a touch of WOS to the die cut. Here is a close up of the sparkle:



My sincere thanks to my Blog Friend, Sarah...I must have loved her card so much that I unknowingly CASE'd her lovely idea to use speech bubbles for this card...my apologies for not seeing it sooner!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb




Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Be
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Soft Stone, Sweet Blush; Memory Box - Dove Gray
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Be, Cloud Speech Bubble
Sequins: Essentials by Ellen - Satin Silver; Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Cupped (4mm)
Misc: Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter Brush

16 comments:

Deepti said...

The inlaid cloud speech bubbles look so amazing, great take on the sketch. I love the pink n silver sentiments :) amazing design as always !

Barb said...

Love the pink and gray combo, Barb! Such a fun design with the speech bubbles too! Love it! ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb I love this fantastic design! The inlaid cloud are so perfect!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love all the words in the clouds, so creative!

lostinpaper said...

Those sentiment clouds are so sweet Barb!

Kylie said...

This is really lovely, Barb. The colours are perfect and those word balloons are so cute!! xx

Sarah G said...

Love the soft colours and the way you have interpreted the sketch, Barb! The speech bubbles are such a fun twist :)

Dawn T said...

cleverly done Barb. Great way to use the sketch.

Jean said...

Great job on the sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous soft colours, Barb ... so gentle and delicate ... perfect with those fluffy clouds! Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

What a lovely, encouraging card!! Great job on the details like the sequins and colors!! All around very soft, inspiring message!!

Sarah G said...

Thanks for the mention, Barb! There is so much great inspiration in all of the challenges that I know I pick up ideas and then can't remember where I saw them :) I am really pleased if anything I have made has inspired your design!

Kay Miller said...

What a cute cute card Barb! I love the little sentiments stamped inside the speech bubbles and then inlaid!! So creative and the "Be" die is perfect at the top! Beautiful work my friend! ((Hugs))

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet take on the sketch, Barb! Love those pink clouds!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Small T said...

This is such a sweet card!