Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hi everyone ~ I have 2 cards to share today...

I love stamping scenes on my cards, and I thought Julie Day’s sketch for this week’s challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch was a perfect opportunity to play with my new stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn’s latest release. Here is my first card:






I used the Hello Sunshine stamp set, and fussy cut these sweet little birds. This set has lots of whimsical images, and including the 2-step stamped clouds.

My 2nd card is for this week’s challenge at Less is More. It’s a color challenge, and we have been asked to use yellow and green on our card:



I used the new Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Stamp Set called Bold Bouquet, which offers multi-step stamping of some really beautiful flowers. I love the bold sentiments in this set, as well.

Well, that’s it for me...Thanks so much for stopping by  ~






Supplies:

Hello Sunshine
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Mama Elephant - Winter; Hero Arts - Pool; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White; Hero Arts - Daffodil Layering Papers
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine
Markers: Copics
Gems: Lawn Fawn - Let’s Polka Mixed Sequins

Hey, Beautiful
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Bold Bouquet
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Lemon Tart, New Leaf; Hero Arts - Butter Bar, Field Greens
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, True Black
Gems: Hero Arts - Pool Mixed Accents

19 comments:

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Barb. Love the fun and whimsical birdies ... adorable layout and design! And your yellow flowers are so pretty ... they look fabulous on the angled panel. Loll xx

Greta said...

Well, you nailed those challenges, Barb! 2 great cards!

Sarah G said...

Love both of these, Barb and how you used the sketch! The cute birds are great and I love those floral stamps from PTI....

joy said...

Pretty cards - I love those cute birds and the yellow and green is such a pretty combo!

Unknown said...

Love how you used the PTI anniversary set...sooo pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fabulous Barb, so pretty and makes me think spring.

Betty said...

both card are wonderful - little birdies are so cute and your second card is just lovely with those new PTI stamps in those colors!

♥Gemma♥ said...

2 absolutely gorgeous cards hunni...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Jean said...

Great use of the sketch in your fun spring card!

Kay Miller said...

Ooooooh! These are both so so so adorable! I love the little birdies on the wire, that's just precious! And those sunflowers are lovely!! Makes me feel like spring is here although we got another round of snow last night! heheh!

Rosemary said...

both cards is fantastic, barb... love the little birdies on the first one!

lostinpaper said...

More fabulous cards Barb, I might just 'need' those little birds myself lol!

Chrissie said...

These are lovely Barb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Joni Andaya said...

What Gorgeous creations Barb!!! Love the birdie scene on the first one, so CUTE! Your second card is so Pretty with the yellow and green! Love it!

Kailash said...

Simply adorable design on your first card Barb and the 2nd is just gorgeous, stamped lovely!!

Jasleen Kaur said...

Wow!! Your cards are FABULOUS Barb. Perfect stamping. I love the colours :)

Anne said...

What a perfect pair of cards, I love those birds!

Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
Anne
(Guest LIM commenter!)

Deepti said...

I love to see you birdie cards , this one is adorable and the second is so beautiful :)

Leigh Penner said...

I love both of these -- they're both wonderful! Great takes on the sketch!