Wednesday, March 19, 2014

CAS3 Day 7

Hi everyone! Just a quick post for today ~ 

In yesterday’s CAS3 Cardmaking Class, Kristina demonstrated a technique for coloring on Vellum with Copic markers. I wanted to use a large sentiment, and pastel colors (come on spring!), so I chose my Thank You die by Hero Arts and some of my softer Copic markers. I embossed the front panel, and added some small hearts and gems. 






As usual, it's hard to see the detail in the embossing, so here is a close-up:




We’re learning so many amazing techniques in class, so of course I wish I had more time to play...hopefully, I’ll be able to create more cards during the next few days.




The theme for this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More is 'Make Your Mark', since I used Copics to color behind the die cut, I would like to submit this card.


I hope everyone is having a great week! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I really appreciate your sweet comments!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Vellum
Dies: Hero Arts - Thank You; Lawn Fawn and SSS - Hearts
Markers: Copics
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Rustic Burlap
Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye
Sequins: Small Flowers - Gift from a Sweet Friend


17 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

What a Lovely card Barb! Love the way you colored the big bold "Thank You"! AWESOME!!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful use of the technique Barb, love the colors you chose.

Virginia L. said...

The colors are absolutely gorgeous!! Well done, Barb! You just earned an A plus plus from this class :)

Darnell said...

Wow, another winning card if you ask me, Barb!! I can imagine using this awesome technique with a dozen different sediments! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with those of us who didn't take the class! It is appreciated!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb this is so awesome, love the die cut, the big thank you is going in my shopping cart.

lostinpaper said...

Love it Barb, I'm getting so far behind in class at the moment but sadly my brother leaves today... so maybe I'll just be able to play a little catch up, I really don't want to get in trouble from the teacher now do I? lol

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant job, Barb - you really excelled at this one :)

Jean said...

Wonderful job on this technique!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! This is so striking with the big Thank you! I love the blended colors too! Your photo looks wonderful too ;) The little sequins add just the right touch! Beautiful work Barb! ((Hugs))

Barb said...

Absolute perfection, Barb! Seriously - you rocked this technique - awesome card!

Rosemary said...

amazing card, barb!! the coloring on vellum looks fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet! Way to go, Barb!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the copic coloring with that gorgeous die!

Deborah Frings said...

This is gorgeous, I think this is a super technique, the colours really shine through the die cut sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

stressfreestamping said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I love the rainbow effect you made under there. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Leslie Hanna said...

This is gorgeous. I've failed over and over to get the right look for my homework. Ain't happenin'.

Deepti said...

so very beautiful !! love the shades of color u picked, thank you for sharing with ATSM