Sunday, January 26, 2014

Merci

Hello there blog friends! Just a quick post with 2 cards...the first is my take on Debby Hughes card from the Online Card Class, 'Stenciled'. I love her light and airy cards and her teaching style...not to mention her beautiful British accent!

I used my Tim Holtz Honeycomb Stencil and inked it in Hero Arts Soft Pool, and Tide Pool. The vellum tag is from PTI and the twine is Hemptique Aquamarine Collection. It appears dark brown on my screen, but it's actually a deep turquoise. I finished the card off with 2 enamel dots and one silver sequin, just as Debby did, since I thought it would be fun to mix them.

My next card was for our Hero Arts Flickr Group Scramble, and I would like to enter it into this week's challenge at Addicted To Stamps and More. Our challenge is to create a CAS card, so I thought this would fit nicely.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts, and I love that it's so elegant, and wanted to make it the focus of this card. The card base and heart are SSS woodgrain cardstock and the gems are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Well, that's all from me. I'm really enjoying 'Stenciled' Card Class, and can't wait to see what they have in store for us next!

Take care, and thanks so much for stopping by,
Barb

12 comments:

Betty said...

both are wonderful cards, Barb - i too love Debby's style. sorry i missed the scramble yesterday - looks like you had a fun time!

shirley-bee said...

Great cards, Barb. Love your take on Debby's card.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Barb. Isn't the class fun??!! Learning lots! Loll xx

Sarah G said...

Both fab cards - love the vellum tag and stencilled background using Debby's design and the sentiment is beautiful on the second card!

Virginia L. said...

Love your first inspired card, Barb! You have captured the airy feel for sure! Your Scramble card is lovely and sweet! I think you really aced both challenges, Barb!

ThePurplePlace said...

Your cards are both awesome! I loved the card you created for the scramble and also greatly admire the Day One class card you made in "Stenciled". I am SO loving the class and can't wait to make even more cards with all these awesome new ideas. Thankfully, this week should be a lot less hectic and give me lots of time to PLAY! Yippee!

Barb said...

Both cards are so pretty, Barb! The first one looks so soft with the subtle blue color and I love how you scalloped the bottom edge of the vellum tag! Your second card is perfectly clean and simple - LOVE the red and white with the angled sentiment! ♥

Unknown said...

Wonderful thank you card. I love the textured feel of the card stock and that sweet heart! Glad to have you share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Kylie said...

Perfectly CAS and the sentiment is certainly showcased beautifully. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

lostinpaper said...

Love them both Barb, but it's the vellum label with the pattern peeking through that had me at hello!

Deepti said...

Wow these are so adorable :) Love those sequins on the second and and the stenciled card is mind blowing, thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

Kay Miller said...

OH these are both so pretty Barb!! I love the sentiment stamped on the vellum on the first one! That's so striking! The sequins on both of them add just the perfect touch! Great work!!