Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

Hello everyone! I love creating cards with the chalkboard technique! It takes me back to my Catholic school days when my friends and I would sign up to stay after school to clean the black boards...of course, not before we had a chance to draw all over them first :-) So, I’ve used the chalkboard technique again, and created this card for 2 challenges:
 

Muse Card Club Challenge #44









For the Muse challenge, I was inspired by Marion Vagg’s chalkboard technique and how she added a pop of color on her card. So I inked up my new fave Hero Arts Christmas tree and added some sparkly presents from the Mama Elephant Cozy Christmas stamp set. Plain and simple...but definitely not ‘Clean’!

And this is my 2nd entry for the Designed to Color Challenge  ~ ‘Christmas/Winter’




I hope everyone is has a wonderful week ahead...Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb



Stamps: Hero Arts - Pen & Ink Christmas Tree, Merry Christmas Trees (sentiment); Mama Elephant - Cozy Christmas (gifts)
Ink: Versamark; Memories - Unicorn;
Cardstock: MFT - Steel Gray; Recollections - Silver Glitter Paper
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Large Holiday Shapes (star)

Gems: Neat & Tangled - Crystal Clear 


19 comments:

Virginia L. said...

WELL DONE, Barb! Love your chalkboard effect! The brightly colored presents are perfect addition to this design! I knew this is a lovely take on MUSE challenge! GREAT job!

Barb said...

I love how this turned out, Barb! That bright, white tree looks awesome against your chalkboard background and I love the addition of your colorful presents!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous - love that pop of colour!

Dawn T said...

what a great card. Just love the pop of colour you've used with the blackboard technique.

Joni Andaya said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the rustic feel Barb, your tree is fantastic with all the gifts underneath <3

lostinpaper said...

That tree looks wonderful on the chalk board background, great pop of colour with those pressies too!

shirley-bee said...

Great chalkboard card, Barb!

Neets B said...

I love that tree in white. What a great effect against the bright pressies. Really Christmassy :)

Darnell said...

This is another winner of a card to me, Barb! I used to do the chalkboard duty, too (at public school) and when I first saw your card with those fun sequins, I thought, "Oh, no, the janitor is gonna HATE that someone has drilled rivets into the board!!" LOL! Hugs, Darnell

ThePurplePlace said...

I am very happy to be voting for your card! Good Luck! I've missed the past several challenges, but LOVE the new MUSE card and really HOPE I can play this week! :)

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Barb!!!

Kay Miller said...

Oh your card is wonderful Barb! I have never tried the chalkboard effect, but this is inspiring for sure! The colorful presents under the tree add just the right pop!

Jean said...

Really like this - it's whimsical but still traditional, and so very "on trend"!

jintyoo7 said...

Fantastic, Barb! Love the "dusty" effect, and the tiny splashes of colour are very eye-cathcing :)

Deni(se) said...

Nice choice of the tree stamp for this technique. It really looks dimensional. Like the brightly colored packages too!

Ardyth said...

This is a really fantastic take on the Muse - I love that tree and the pops of colour of the presents are perfect! Thanks for playing along!

Kim Hall said...

Congrats on being top three Barb, your card was just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

looks good. Great creative power...

Cris G. said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! I love your technique of chalkboard, it's perfect... years of practice, right? :). I also love the pop of color in those cute gift boxes. Congratulations on your win at Muse challenge, well deserved.